Starting February 2, 2023 & continuing thru March, 2023
- All NYU Steinhardt copiers (Multifunction Devices / MFDs) will be replaced with new MFDs with a card reader you will use to release your print jobs.
What to expect during the Multi-Function Device (MFD) swap:
- On the day of your assigned location's printer deployment, printing may be offline on your local Multi-Function Device (Lanier copier) as the new printer is delivered and configured. Please contact Steinhardt Technology Services if you need to use another printer in the meantime, or use a non-MFD printer in your area (for example, an HP color printer).
- After the new device is installed, you will be able to use the new printing workflow. An application called Pharos Sentry Print will be automatically installed on your NYU-owned computer. Although you do not need to be in the office to have the software installed, you need to be connected to NYU’s network.
- If the software has not automatically installed on your NYU device, please contact Steinhardt Technology Services so we can assist with a remote installation.
- For devices not purchased via NYU Steinhardt, please reach out to Steinhardt.Technology@nyu.edu and we can provide a download of the Pharos Sentry Software for your device.
- Please follow the three step process to get your computer ready for printing. It is recommended that you complete the setup when you are on site.
Once the new printers are installed, you will need to tap your NYU ID card, use a unique pin, or scan a QR code on a mobile device to securely release your print job. The job will not print without one of these steps and will be held in the Pharos Sentry Print queue until you are ready to release it using your NYU ID card.
- You will also need to use one of the above methods to access copy, scan, or fax
- All MFDs will have pre-set sustainable printer settings, including black & white and duplex printing
Deployment Schedule for NYU Steinhardt Spaces
|2/16/23||82 Washington Square East||2, 3, 6, 7, Annex 2, Annex 7|
|2/23/23||246 Greene Street||3E, 4E, 4W, 5E, 6E, 6W, 7W, 8W|
|2/23/23||239 Greene Street||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|2/27/23||35 West 4th Street||4, 5, 10, 11|
|3/1/23||196 Mercer Street||7*, 8|
|3/1/23||411 Lafayette Street||5|
|3/3/23||665 Broadway||6, 9|
|3/6/23||34 Stuyvesant Street||3, 6|
|3/6/23||75 Third Avenue||1|
|3/10/23||380 2nd Avenue||4|
|3/13/23||370 Jay Street||5*|
|3/24/23||246 Greene Street||3W|
Note: * indicates an existing printer that will remain and have the Pharos software and card scanner installed.
What support is available?
If you encounter difficulties and/or need additional assistance installing Pharos Sentry Print software, please contact email@example.com.
If you encounter difficulties and/or need additional assistance with the hardware on the new MFDs (for example error messages or supplies), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.