Practice exams (or quizzes) serve to prepare participants for the formal exam. We recommend adding and adapting any of the questions (below) to your online practice exam via Brightspace quizzes, Respondus proctoring (Brightspace quizzes add-on), or Gradescope.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request practice exam assistance.
- Provide participants with immediate feedback. Enable the “Auto-publish attempt results immediately upon completion” option in a Brightspace quizzes “Assessment” option.
- Release the practice exam a few days before the formal exam, in order to support participants’ studying and any questions about technology issues (e.g. laptop won’t open exam, etc).
- If you’re using Respondus (proctoring software), consider enabling it for the practice exam.
- Note: Respondus will need to be requested in advance.
Question 1 (1 point)
When I have a technology problem, who do I contact?
Question 1 options:
- The instructor
- The help desk
- Your instructor and steinhardt.technology.edu.
Question 2 (1 point)
The exam autosaves.
Question 2 options:
Question 3 (1 point)
I have a quiet and comfortable place to take the exam.
Question 3 options:
- False -I will consider reserving a quiet space at NYU’s library.
Question 4 (1 point)
I have reliable access to wifi for the duration of the exam.
Question 4 options:
Question 5 (1 point)
The formal exam can only be submitted once.
Question 5 options:
Question 6 (1 point)
I can revisit and navigate to different questions by selecting the number in the top-left side of the screen.
Question 6 options:
Question 7 (1 point)
I only have X amount of timer to finish during the real exam once I select “start quiz”?
Question 7 options:
- False - I need more time and will or have contacted my instructor before the real exam.
Question 8 (1 point)
I cannot make changes once the timer runs out.
Question 8 options:
Question 9 (1 point)
I can use my notes during the real exam.
Question 9 options:
- False - I have questions about other resources and will contact my instructor before the formal exam.
Question 10 (1 point)
Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers for the exam.
Question 10 options:
- False - we recommend downloading and using one of the browsers before starting the formal exam.
Question 11 (1 point)
While the results for the practice exam will be immediately available, I have to wait for the formal exam’s scores after grading.
Question 11 options: