Marshmallow Spaghetti Tower
This is an in-person activity and can work for groups with more than 4 participants, and can get quite large (multiple teams). Be sure you have enough materials for the number of teams you will have! We recommend teams have between 2-3 people so everyone can participate. This is an exercise of creative problem-solving and communication skills.
- Organize your meeting into teams/groups.
- Pass out materials and explain to the group that they using just the supplies they have been given, you must build the tallest tower.
- There's a catch: The marshmallow has to be at the very top of the spaghetti tower, and the whole structure has to stand on its own (that means no hands or other objects supporting it!) for five seconds.
- After time is up (give about 15 minutes, but longer if needed), go table by table to test each creation.
- You will need 20 sticks of uncooked spaghetti, 1 roll of masking tape, 1 yard of string, and 1 marshmallow for every team.