Any online meeting (works best if everyone is online and in their home)
1 minutes “pinning on map”
3-5 minutes “whole-group sharing”
Learners will pin one place on a global map using a Google Jamboard that is special to them.
Give learners examples of what you mean by “special”, such as:
- A vacation spot
- Where you met your partner
- Where your family is from
- A random town you discovered ona road trip
Prepare learners by letting them know they’ll share the “location and their reason” with the whole-group.
Prompt learners to think and pin on the map - they have 1 minute. After 1 minute, call learners to attention and go first to model model expectations. Lastly, asking everyone to volunteer by going one-by-one.
- Instead of a map, learners just verbally explain their special place and reason.
- Instead of a map, learners engage in a “show and tell”. Where images or items from a special place are shared.
- For large groups, consider using breakout rooms and creating separate map Jamboardz to avoid confusion and saturating the visual.