Steinhardt Technology Services has a small stock of laptops that can be loaned to community members in the following scenarios:
- A community member's primary computer is broken or being repaired
- Short term travel
- Event support
For non-emergencies, please submit a request at least 5 business days in advance.
Unfortunately, Steinhardt Technology Services can not guarantee requests and device preference as this depends on the availability. There are only a limited number of Loaner Laptops available.
Loan Terms & Fines
- Loaner laptops can be loaned for one week at a time. This loan period can be extended to a total of two weeks upon request.
- Each loaner laptop conforms our current software standards.
- If you require additional software loaded onto it, you can specify your requirements when you submit your request but we may not be able to meet those needs depending on how the software is licensed.
- The borrower of the item(s) is responsible for returning all items directly to Steinhardt Technology Services office.
- Once loaned you are fully responsible for the condition of the laptop. A charge will be applied to your departmental chartfield for any item that is damaged, parts missing or loss of the laptop itself.
Submitting a Request
All loaner laptop requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will evaluate the request and respond with availability.