Steinhardt Faculty can create their own Brightspace courses. *Note: these activated courses are linked to NYU Albert and have updated rosters.
- From the brightspace.nyu.edu landing page, click Create Course Site on the top navbar.
- Select the term for which you want to create a Brightspace course site.
- Search for the course by course code and section number (be sure to activate the correct section number!).
- On the bottom right, select Add Course Sites, to create additional sites. Enter the number of Brightspace course sites you want to create.
- On the left panel, you will see a list of all the available courses that you are listed as a Primary Instructor in Albert. On the right panel, you will see the course sites you selected to create. If you entered 1-course site on the previous screen there will be one area; if you entered two, there will be two areas, and so on.
- You can create course sites by either dragging individual section rosters from the left panel to the course site areas in the right panel or by dragging the course name (the title above the listed sections). Sections can also be dragged from right to left. The course site title is automatically generated based on the section names. *Note: If you drag two courses into the same area, those two courses will share the same course site.
- The next screen is a confirmation screen of what course sites will be created. If you see something incorrect with the course setup, click the Make Changes button to return to the prior screen to make adjustments, and click Continue.
- Once you are ready to continue click on Build to create the course site.